The BOSS SHACKLE is extremely versatile, easy to use and lightweight (360g). Unlike traditional metal shackles the BOSS SHACKLE helps to eliminate risk and floats on water.
- High molecular weight polyethylene creates maximum strength-to-weight ratio
- 20,000kg minimum breaking strength
- Low elongation minimal stretch
- Floats on water
- Water, UV and abrasion resistant
Key Information and safety recommendations
- It is recommended that persons intending to recover vehicles by using a soft shackle (and/or strap/rope) should consider completing a nationally recognised 4WD training course for comprehensive advice on the proper selection and use of the shackle
- Do not use the shackle for lifting or towing
- Ensure that the shackle is not damaged and is in a useable condition prior to recovery techniques being employed.
- Note: the shackles strength and stretch are reduced when saturated with water.
- If also using a strap/rope, an object such as a recovery damper, heavy bag or blanket must be draped over the strap/rope to reduce any unintentional rebound of the strap/rope.
- Before attempting the vehicle recovery, passengers of the vehicles must:
- exit the vehicles; and
- stand as far away from the vehicles as the length of the strap/rope being used and;
- do not stand in the path of the vehicle performing the recovery.
- The gross vehicle mass (GVM) of the vehicles being used should be known. The minimum breaking strength of the shackle should be between 2 and 3 times the GVM of any vehicle it is used with.
- The shackle must be suited to the GVM of the lighter of the 2 vehicles used in the recovery process.
- This CampBoss BOSS SHACKLE has a 14,000kg minimum breaking strength
PLEASE NOTE DUE TO COVID-19 WE ARE EXPERIENCING DELIVERY DELAYS
We normally dispatch your order within 1 business day however during busier periods it may take 2 business days.
Australia Post will normally take 3-5 business days via regular post, but it will depend on your location (WA customers may experience a little longer delivery time).
We recommend visiting the Australia Post website and using their delivery times estimator by putting in your address and our warehouse postcode of 4563 to get an idea of your delivery time.
Click here to view our returns policy
Please note if you wish to purchase any of the following products internationally, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a shipping quote:
Cape York Camp Chair, Ultimate Camp Cooking Bundle, Ultimate Camp Cooking XL Bundle, Camp Oven, Camp Cooker, Enamel Dinner Set, End-Opening Storage Case 90L, Premium Adventure Recovery System.
|Width (across shoulders)||45||50||52||54||57.5||58||60||60|